Saturday, October 20, 2012

Creating Opportunities for Giving in your Everyday Life


Annaliese (6) said "mom because you changed baby doctors (we would drive into downtown Nashville the past two pregnancies, but now we are going to a doctor 10 minutes from our house) will we take food to people on the streets" and I said why wouldn't we take food to them and Annaliese said "because they are not on the way to the doctors anymore."  It occurred to me in that moment we have to make it something along our path especially when we are busy with life.  If it is not something along our path and built into our lives we forget about it.    During my pregnancies and anytime we go down town we fill the front seat with water bottles, bananas, crackers, and any other food we have in our house to pass out to all the homeless people we pass on our journey to our destination.  Driving into Nashville you see some and if you open your eyes and are looking for them you see a lot!  We found when we started packing food the people began to multiply, but really the people didn't change it was our hearts.  We were searching for them and made time for them.  My goal is to now figure out a way we work this into our lives again.  I love my new doctor and it works for our family, but I have to figure out a way to make going downtown a regular part of our lives.   

No comments:

Post a Comment